Monday, October 29, 2007

Calling All Alleys ...

Ok ... the last time anyone posted anything to our ALL ALLEYS blog was August 12th ! In an effort to get this amazing communication tool up and running, I'm going to do a little tutorial on how to use it.
  1. Go to www.blogger.com At the top of the page, you need to type in the user name which is AllAlleys@gmail.com and the password. If you cannot remember the password, email me and I will send it to you !
  2. Once you have signed in, the "dashboard" will appear. You will see a box at the top that says "manage blogs". Click on "New Post".
  3. That will take you to an empty box that you can type in. Anything you type in there will appear in the blog, once you publish it. There are icons along the top of the box that let you change the font, font size, bold, italics, change the font color ... etc. You can play around with those or just leave them alone.
  4. Once you have done your typing, click the orange "Publish Post" which sits just under the box you've been typing in, on the left hand side. AND THAT'S IT !!! EASY, right ?
  5. If you want to see what it looks like, click on "View Blog" once it tells you it has poublished successfully.

Now that you know how to do it, there is no excuse !! Don't worry about trying to post photos just yet ... I'll do another tutorial about that once you've tried just typing a post ! (email me if you have any trouble and I'll try to answer your questions as best I can ! )

WHAT TO BLOG ABOUT ??? Well, I'd love to see this be a place of memories shared, history written down for the generations to come after us. I was thinking that maybe we should have a "theme" for each month. You, of course, can post things other than the theme but I thought having a theme might help get us started ....

NOVEMBER'S THEME : FAVORITES.

I know that is a general theme. It could be anything. Favorite memory of reunions past. Favorite activity from reunions past. Favorite story told ... Favorite location ... Favorite meal ... USE YOUR IMAGINATION !! We all have them, we wouldn't be Alley's without them !!

SO ... let's get this (blog) party started !!

Bonnie


No comments: